This teaching from the For My Life® retreat helps us understand how the spirit of Accusation may operate in our lives and effect our relationships with God, ourselves, and others. When we understand how the enemy works, we can more easily discern the thoughts that come from his kingdom and overcome them!
We present to you, The Spirit of Accusation!
Be encouraged as you watch the video and read the highlights below:
Basics of Accusation:
- Accusation loves to hide behind innuendo and subtleties.
- You may notice that these thoughts are not generally edifying.
- It is often the first of the major spirits that we wrestle with because it starts in the mind with a simple thought which often does not have much emotion associated with it.
- Unfortunately, it gives us an altered perspective of people, things in our lives, or even another gospel altogether.
- Accusation will use truth as a weapon to destroy you and others.
- It will misrepresent God and His Word to abuse and lay a burden of guilt.
How Discernment works to defeat Accusation:
- Discernment can be like a traffic light in our minds. We, as human beings, can examine our thoughts and decide if the thoughts could be from the spirit of accusation, God’s Spirit, our own mind, or another spirit. We can then determine whether we should move forward, move slowly with caution or stop right there.
- We need to understand that the enemy loves to plant thoughts in our minds as the primary way to get access to our lives. This is temptation at its highest level.
- The enemy wants us to believe that these thoughts are our own so that we will follow them.
- It is important to remember that we always have the power to choose. We can do this by comparing those thoughts to something superior: the Word of God and with the help of the Holy Spirit.
The good news is that discernment reveals accusing spirits in our lives so that we may repent! We can recognize their thoughts by comparing them to God’s Word and then cast them down and choose not to obey them any longer.
As we do this, we can overcome accusation!
Find the complete “Accusation” Teaching by Dr. Henry W. Wright in our resource center.