How to Discern Accusation
This teaching from the For My Life® retreat helps us understand how the spirit of Accusation may operate in our lives and effect our relationships with God, ourselves, and others. When we understand how the enemy works, we can more easily discern the thoughts that come from his kingdom and overcome them!
We present to you, The Spirit of Accusation!
Be encouraged as you watch the video and read the highlights below:
Basics of Accusation:
- Accusation loves to hide behind innuendo and subtleties.
- You may notice that these thoughts are not generally edifying.
- It is often the first of the major spirits that we wrestle with because it starts in the mind with a simple thought which often does not have much emotion associated with it.
- Unfortunately, it gives us an altered perspective of people, things in our lives, or even another gospel altogether.
- Accusation will use truth as a weapon to destroy you and others.
- It will misrepresent God and His Word to abuse and lay a burden of guilt.
How Discernment works to defeat Accusation:
- Discernment can be like a traffic light in our minds. We, as human beings, can examine our thoughts and decide if the thoughts could be from the spirit of accusation, God’s Spirit, our own mind, or another spirit. We can then determine whether we should move forward, move slowly with caution or stop right there.
- We need to understand that the enemy loves to plant thoughts in our minds as the primary way to get access to our lives. This is temptation at its highest level.
- The enemy wants us to believe that these thoughts are our own so that we will follow them.
- It is important to remember that we always have the power to choose. We can do this by comparing those thoughts to something superior: the Word of God and with the help of the Holy Spirit.
The good news is that discernment reveals accusing spirits in our lives so that we may repent! We can recognize their thoughts by comparing them to God’s Word and then cast them down and choose not to obey them any longer.
As we do this, we can overcome accusation!
The Be in Health Team
Find the complete “Accusation” Teaching by Dr. Henry W. Wright in our resource center.
If you’ve enjoyed this sound bite of the Accusation teaching, you’ll love all 24 classes that we present in our For My Life Retreat.
For My Life is our world-renowned one-week retreat that teaches attendees what is causing their specific disease and the Biblical solutions to overcome and be healed. Find the Biblical keys to your health and healing today!
This article is part of the For My Life Sound Bite Series.
Check out these articles to learn more about the other teachings we offer and get more insights into spiritual discernment, the power of God’s love, and how He can heal you and help you become an overcomer!
Foundational Insights – This is the core foundational teaching that encompasses the heart and mission of the For My Life Retreat. On this foundation, the whole Retreat is built.
The Father’s Love – The number one most important thing for every person’s Overcomers’ Journey is to be restored to Father God’s Love. Without a relationship and trust with the Father, it is very difficult to move forward as an Overcomer.
8 Rs to Freedom – 8 steps to recognize and overcome the enemy’s influence in your life.
7 Steps to Sin – Discover the enemy’s strategy to lead you to sin and learn how to stop him at his game.
Godly Order – God has established an order of authority in His Kingdom. Discover how Godly Order will help restore you to peace in God and in your life.
Spirit World Realities – Learn how the enemy’s kingdom can operate in the earth and the Biblical origins of our spiritual enemy. This understanding will demystify Satan and his kingdom and help you defeat the fear of evil.
Separation – Learn how to recognize the enemy’s strategy to divide and destroy relationships and get smarter than him. You can recognize and hate the sin but still love the person just like God does for us.
Pathways of Thought – How can a spiritual kingdom influence our thoughts? Discover the pathway of thought from the spiritual through thoughts, feelings, and emotions to its effect on our physical health.
Disease Profiles – Discover the possible spiritual roots that can lead to specific disease classes.
Water Baptism– Water Baptism is one of the sacraments of our faith. Discover why Water Baptism is an essential step in your Overcomers’ Journey.
Blocks to Healing – The Bible tells us that there are certain things that we can agree with that will get in the way of healing. Learn how to recognize and overcome these spiritual blocks to healing. And discover the surprising #1 Block to Healing.
Self Pity – Dr. Henry W. Wright often said that Self Pity is the superglue to hell that binds us to our past and prevents us from moving forward in our future. Learn how to discern this evil spirit and overcome it in your life!
Accusation – Accusation is a tool that the enemy uses to twist the truth and lead us into bondage to sin. Learn how to recognize and overcome the spirit of accusation in your life.
Bitterness – Learn the seven steps of bitterness, including unforgiveness, anger, violence, and murder. With these insights, you will be able to defeat this stronghold and operate in God’s forgiveness and peace.
Envy and Jealousy – Discover how Envy and Jealousy keep your eyes on the object of your desire to prevent you from trusting God and receiving His best for you.
Rejection – Learn how to overcome rejection in your life.
Occultism – Understanding Occultism and why we need to be free from it.